torsdag 3 oktober 2013

The Larmen.com Italian Coffee Guide, introduction

Since the decision to move to a more personal format with the coffee application, I've done som write-ups on the most important coffee types in my opinion. I want to user test the application with side menu navigation before doing any bigger changes, but it seems to me that I might have to go back to the drawing board. There are just too many different types of coffee :) This clutters the menu with a bunch of alternatives all starting with the word Caffè.
In addition to this I'd like a space in the app that maybe in the future can contain some other type of content, like images, reviews, etc.

Work has now been stalled, since I've come across a weird layouting problem in the xml-layout for the fragment that displays the information about the different types of coffee. When moving a ImageView to the top of a vertical linear layout, it takes up the whole screen, instead of using it's assigned property "wrap_content".





When placed at the bottom of the screen, it works just as it should, with first the headline's TextView, then the description's TextView, and then the ImageView (all with layout_height = "wrap_content").

Luckily I've enlisted the help of friend Filip Ivansson to help out with the illustrations for the content. He's now created the base shape for the three different sizes of cups that should cover almost all of the common types we want to add to the app. His work with the espresso can be seen in the photos above.

PS. I'm sorry about the layout of images on this blog, I'm not sure what's up with Blogger's image import settings.

Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar