tisdag 8 oktober 2013

The Larmen.com Italian Coffee Guide, part 3

Today work continued with another pass at asset management for the Coffee Guide-application. Inspired by a talk by TAT founder Hampus Jakobsson, who encouraged us to "release, release, release" I've decided to get a working version up on Google Play, before possibly developing and expanding the application.
This is mainly a way to get user feedback. Although late in the process, I hope to get as much constructive feedback as possible. I do realize that getting user feedback this late in the process requires special tools - during my thesis we tested two differing mixed-fi prototypes, and tried to get feedback via comparison. I think I'll go for a similar approach with the Coffee Guide. This also seems to be the most common case in the industry, where most software is iterated upon, not created from scratch.



As per usual, the differing screen sizes and densities prove to be a hassle on Android. Luckily Filip once more jumped in to provide assistance with asset creation, and also whipped up a nifty Photoshop script to down-scale in steps from the largest xxdpi bucket and going lower. As the image indicates I had some emulator fun, testing all the fresh assets.

My ambition is to get the app ready for the Career Days-expo here in Malmö on Friday the 18th of October. Something to show off has to better than nothing, don't you think?



Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar